Monday, February 22, 2010

Same Sex Weddings

I am one half of a same sex couple.  I'm "c" and we'll call the other half  "SLF", shall we?  SLF being short for Special Lady Friend (a nod to all you Lebowski fans out there and SLF's favorite movie of all time).  More about us and how I came to daydream of weddings constantly later. 
In the meantime, we are planning quite the girly pink affair and part of the reason I started this blog was to find people like me.  They must be out there - uber feminine, lace lovers, obsessed (probably in an unhealthy way) with weddings and not covered in tattoos posing in pinup getups.  Not that there's anything wrong with that, by all means to each their own and diversity is celebrated here at Wedding Daydreaming....but there just has to be someone out there like me??!!!
Of all the obsessive wedding blog reading I have done over the years, I have found only 2 weddings showcased that look something like what I hope our day will be.  Are there others of you out there?  Won't you share your photos with me?  I will gush about how pretty you are and feature your lovely photos on my blog!  Email me at prettyflowerspb@yahoo.com anytime. 

The weddings that I squealed with delight when I saw are from StyleMePretty (of course, it's the mother lode of all creative wedding ideas) and from A Practical Wedding.  One of the funniest and best reading wedding blogs I have the pleasure of following.

So without further ado....
Desiree and Ann From SMP as photographed by Sylvie Gil :
sylvie gill real wedding
images found here

sylvie gill real wedding
images found here

sylvie gill real wedding
images found here


sylvie gill real wedding
images found here

sylvie gill real wedding
images found here

sylvie gill real wedding
image found here

sylvie gill real wedding
image found here

And the second lovely same sex girly wedding to touch my heart is from A Practical Wedding as photographed by two friends of the brides Teri and Lisa.

_MG_6475 by weddedkoi.
image found here

[lisaterry1.jpg]
image found here

[lisaterry10.jpg]
image found here

[lisaterry5.jpg]
image found here

[Lisaterry3.jpg]
image found here

_V0E5540 by weddedkoi.
image found here

_V0E5668 by weddedkoi.
image found here

ceremony by weddedkoi.
image found here

ceremony by weddedkoi.
image found here

_V0E5669 by weddedkoi.
image found here

ceremony by weddedkoi.
image found here

ceremony by weddedkoi.
image found here

ceremony by weddedkoi.
image found here

This makes me cry.  I can feel how much they love each other.
ceremony by weddedkoi.
image found here

_V0E6301 by weddedkoi.
image found here

A special thank you to these beautiful women Desiree and Ann and to Teri and Lisa.  Your weddings are more inspiring than I have words to describe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment or email me at prettyflowerspb@yahoo.com